Tuesday, August 26, 2008

JH Report 2, Exercise Plan 8.25-8.30

Due to flooding, we didn't go down to South Padre Island. It's a blessing that we didn't because Jonas caught his first cold and had a lot of chest congestion so being away probably would have been a nightmare. Anyway, I missed one workout again. Not great, but still 5 more workouts than I was doing a few weeks ago.

This week, I am actually starting the running program over. I have been doing it inside on a treadmill (for the most part), but when I did Saturday outside, I thought I was going to die! It was SO MUCH HARDER. So I am starting again, this time outside so that torture doesn't take me by surprise during the half marathon.

Schedule for 8.25-8.30
Monday: 30 minutes: Walk
Tuesday: 30 minutes: Walk
Wednesday: 30 minutes: Walk 5, Jog 0.5
Thursday: Cross train
Friday: 30 minutes: Walk 5, Jog .5
Saturday: 30 minutes: Walk 5, Jog 1

As far as running goes, I am wearing two sports bras. Nursing is not compatible with cardiovascular activities, that's for sure. The second one is a cup smaller than it's supposed to be, so it holds me in much tighter. Let me know if you think of anything better.

Weigh In.
I weigh myself on Sunday evenings when I am the heaviest. It's a really good motivator to get up Monday morning.
August 10: 160 pounds
August 17: 159 pounds
August 24: 157.6 pounds

My unrealistic goal is 120 pounds. Realistically, 130 pounds will be an amazing triumph and could keep me happy for many years.

1 comment:

Erica Huff said...

What a motivator to do this with someone else! It's always easier when someone is waiting/expecting to hear your results as well. Good luck with your goals. I have a half marathon on my to do list as well. It is hard getting started. I totally agree with the treadmill/outside deal. When I run on my treadmill, I put the incline on 1 or 2. It seems to make it more "real."