Thursday, December 24, 2009

Deadlifts, Kettlebells, OH Box Squats, Push-Ups, Pull-Ups, Box Jumps, Push Presses

Round 1 (easier--as fast as possible)
20 deadlifts (37.5 lbs)
20 kettlebell swings (30 lb cinder block)
20 overhead box squats (broomstick)
20 push-ups (on wall)
20 pull-ups (double bands)
20 box jumps (low step)
20 push presses (10 pounds)

Round 2 (challenge)
20 deadlifts (37.5 lbs)
5 kettlebell swings (40 lb cinder block)
5 overhead box squats (37.5 lbs)
5 push-ups (real)
5 pull-ups (small blue band)
5 box jumps (high box)
20 push presses (37.5 pounds with barbell)

Run to end of block and back

Notes:
* Elizabeth deadlifted 95 pounds today (8 times!)
* I did 20 deadlifts at a lower weight because we do not have a third bar and I felt I should not deadlift 95 lbs right now due to the pregnancy. A 75 lb bar would have been appropriate
* I did 20 push presses with a barbell because we did not have DBs that were the right weight (we have up to 18.5 and then straight to 35 lbs. 18.5 would not have been a big challenge for me--I estimate 25-28 lbs would have been good for this exercise)
* Michelle joined us today

No comments: