Since my stomach muscles are still a little out of whack, I figured this would be an appropriate way to become stronger while being sensitive to the needs of my postpartum body.
In order to determine where to start on PTP, I needed to max in deadlift and press. Here goes:
Warm-up
Arm circles, leg stretches, 10 of each: push-ups (incline 5), squats, sit-ups (ouch)
Deadlift
17.5 lbs (10)
45 (4) then fix form; butt too low (like a regular squat); not on heels enough
45 (3)
65 (3) then fix form; butt too high; overcompensating--shoulders no longer over the bar
65 (4)
95 (2)
145 (1)
155 (1)
165 (0) mental block
Press
45 (5)
55 (3)
75 (0)
55 (1)
60 (1)
65 (0)
Problems:
- Deadlift. My form is off. I've been so used to doing squats since the end of the pregnancy that I seem to have forgotten how to deadlift. Evidently I've been doing some sort of awkward front squat, which explains why DLs have been so challenging lately.
- Press. My arms are not flexible. At all. I'm going to have a hard time holding up the bar if I can't keep my elbows up. I don't know how to fix that...
- Mental. This is my biggest problem. I don't know why I'm afraid to use adrenaline to my advantage, but if it looks too hard, it takes all of the will out of me. I'm afraid of getting hurt, but I know there's more to it. I just can't figure out what.
Postpartum Recovery: Day 8
No comments:
Post a Comment