Day 11: PTP Deadlift and Press Strength-Building Cycle
Buy in
Dislocates and rotational dislocates
15 squats
PTP
Deadlift
Set 1: 105 lbs, 5 reps
Set 2: 95 lbs, 5 reps
Press
Set 1: 45 lbs, 5 reps
Set 2: 42.5 lbs, 5 reps
Cash-Out
Power Clean 3-3-3 (17.5, 27.5, 37.5, 45, 55, 65)
Front Squat 5-5-5 (45, 55, 65)
Postpartum Recovery: Day 19
I was supposed to go heavy, but I am still pretty inexperienced with doing a power clean, so I opted to go less weight and more reps in order to get used to the 2-pull motion and start training my muscles. I definitely need to do this as a skill day after finishing up PTP.
I also can feel my body getting stronger and it's liberating. I am operating on zero sleep these days because of the new baby, but I feel fantastic. Of course I'm tired, but I'm not exhausted. The combination of the better eating + PTP strength building cycle is doing wonders for my body. And as of yesterday, I've lost 8.5 lbs. Hallelujah!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Day 11: PTP Deadlift and Press Strength-Building Cycle
Labels:
Deadlift,
Postpartum Recovery,
PTP,
Shoulder Press,
Whole30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment