Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 1: PTP Deadlift and Press Strength-Building Cycle

Day 1: PTP Deadlift and Press Strength-Building Cycle

Today is my first day of the Whole30 PTP. I will change some of it to meet my needs, so if you would like the actual program, read here.

Buy in
3 rounds
0:20 handstand hold (unable to do)
15 kettlebell swings, 16kg (rx'd)
10 box jumps, 20" ()

PTP
Deadlift (work up to weight)
Set 1: 95 lbs, 5 reps
Set 2: 85 lbs, 5 reps

Press (work up to weight)
Set 1: 37.5 lbs, 5 reps
Set 2: 32.5 lbs, 5 reps

Cash Out
3 rounds for time
30 Double Unders (90 singles and fully peed my pants)
15 Knees to Elbows (knee-ups)

Time: 3min 45sec

Postpartum Recovery: Day 9

---

Workout Reflection:
Ooh, that felt good. Except for the jump-roping. Postpartum + jumping = very wet pants.

I was pretty wobbly on my box jumps. I have some sort of mental block that it is going to collapse under me, so it's hard for me to get after it.

---

Day 4: Whole 30
It's amazing how good my body feels. I thought I would have withdrawal symptoms and cravings, but nothing yet. In fact, I made nachos for the babysitter and J with no temptation at all. That's progress.

I find that when I make one of my former favorite meals and there is not a single thing I can eat on the plate, that plate becomes far less appealing.

I've also lost 3.5 pounds. Boo-yah.

No comments: