Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 5: PTP Deadlift and Press Strength-Building Cycle

Day 5: PTP Deadlift and Press Strength-Building Cycle

I modified quite a bit...

Buy-in:
Burgener warmup
Dislocates and rotational dislocates
10 cartwheels (um, no)

PTP
Deadlift
Set 1: 100 lbs, 5 reps
Set 2: 90 lbs, 5 reps

Press
Set 1: 42.5 lbs, 5 reps
Set 2: 37.5 lbs, 5 reps

Then...
1-2 easy 400m jogs (one for me)
1 max 800m run (2 sets: sprint 200m, walk back 200 m)

Time:
Sprint 1 (200m): 0:56
Sprint 2 (200m): 0:59

Cash-out:
50m broad jump, as few as possible (22 jumps from garage to street--will measure later)

Postpartum Recovery: Day 13

Reflection
It's a good thing we went to a CrossFit competition this morning because I was not interested in exercising this afternoon in the heat. I thought I learned my lesson the last time I checked weather.com before a workout so I didn't even look at it. Perhaps I should have paid attention: 92ºF. Feels like 105ºF. Dangerous heat index. Outdoor exposure should be limited. Yikes! Houston summers are rough.

No comments: